Terms of Service
1. Current Vaccinations / Veterinarian Information: By signing this agreement, owners verify their dog(s) is current on rabies, distemper, and Parvo-Virus vaccinations. Proof of vaccination or current Titer testing shall be provided to The Mutt Hut upon request, as well as current veterinarian information. Special circumstances will be taken into consideration.
2. Aggressive or dangerous dogs: Owners must inform The Mutt Hut if their dog(s) bites, has bitten, or is aggressive to people, other dogs, or specific grooming procedures. Muzzles may be used if necessary. Muzzling will not harm your dog and protects both the dog and the groomer. The Mutt Hut reserves the right to refuse/stop service for such dogs at any time before or during the grooming process, and charge an aggressive dog fee, in addition to the regular grooming charge. Customers also understand that all bites will be reported to the local authorities as required by law.
3. Health or Medical Problems & Senior Dogs: Grooming procedures can sometimes be stressful, especially for a senior dog or a dog with health problems. These procedures can expose hidden or aggravate known medical problems, during or after the groom. Because senior dogs with health problems have a greater chance of injury these dogs will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort, and the style that will not add to their stress. In the interest of your dog, this agreement will give The Mutt Hut permission to obtain immediate veterinary treatment for your dog should it be deemed necessary by The Mutt Hut. We will do our best to contact you first, then take your dog to your authorized veterinarian or to the nearest available veterinarian. It is agreed that all expenses for veterinary care will be covered by the dog's owner upon signing this agreement.
4. Mat Removal: Dogs with matted coats need extra attention during their grooming session. Mats left in a dog's coat will only grow tighter and can strangle the dog's skin or eventually tear it open. The Mutt Hut does not wish to cause serious or undue stress to your dog, and will not continually de-mat your dog. We believe in health & comfort over vanity. Mats can be very difficult and uncomfortable to remove and may require the dog to be shaved. When necessary, removing a heavily matted coat includes risks of nicks, cuts or abrasions due to warts, moles or skin folds trapped in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture and urine near the dog's skin allowing mold, fungus or bacteria to grow, causing skin irritations that existed prior to the grooming process. Torn skin and injuries caused by mats can also harbor maggots.
There is an extra charge for dematting: $60 per hour. After-effects of mat removal procedures can include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions and failure of the hair to regrow. Shaved dogs are also prone to sunburn and should either have sunscreen applied daily or should be kept out of the sun until their hair regrows sufficiently to protect the skin. In some cases, dogs can also exhibit brief behavioral changes. Prevention is the best defense against matting; therefore, brush your dog regularly and schedule regular grooming appointments. We will do our best to remove mats but not at the expense of your dog experiencing pain or discomfort. Therefore, a severely matted dog may not have a grooming outcome you would desire.
5. Accidents: There is always the possibility an accident could occur. Grooming equipment is sharp. Even though we use extreme caution and care in all situations, possible problems could occur, including cuts, nicks, and scratches. In most cases, this can happen when a dog is wiggling or moving around. Every effort will be made to ensure your dog is groomed as safely as possible, but an excited dog can be dangerous to continue to work on. We reserve the right to end the grooming session, even if the groom is not completed.
6. Parasites: Parasites may include fleas, ticks, lice, and other infestations. The Mutt Hut does not offer flea treatments. If you suspect your dog has fleas, prompt and thorough action is needed, because a flea infestation can lead to other health problems. If surprise fleas are found during the grooming process, you will be asked to promptly pick up your dog (regardless of the stage of the grooming appointment) and you will be charged an additional FLEA FEE of $100 to cover the cost of salon fumigation; The Mutt Hut will not use pesticide dips or sprays on your dog to treat fleas. Any ticks found will be removed for an additional charge. If ticks are found, we strongly suggest that you have your dog tested for Lyme disease. Parasites are a health hazard to your dog, as well as to humans.
7. Hold Harmless Agreement: By signing this agreement you (or your Agent) agree to hold The Mutt Hut, its owners, franchise owners, affiliates, operators, employees, officers, and directors harmless from any damage, liabilities, financial, and otherwise, loss or claim including but not limited to veterinarian bills arising from any condition of the listed dog(s), either known or unknown, to The Mutt Hut or any other property of the Customer, which arise in any way from services and/or products provided by or as a consequence of customers association with The Mutt Hut. It is also further understood and agreed that the terms of this agreement can change at any time, without notice, and will override any and all prior signed contracts or releases. It is further understood that this clause appeals to any and all dogs groomed at The Mutt Hut.
8. Photography Consent: I hereby consent my pet(s) and/or me to be photographed and I AUTHORIZE The Mutt Hut it's employees, agents, or authorized representatives to use, reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, and display the said photograph(s) in The Mutt Hut display, advertisement, website, or other material for promotional purposes. Images are the property of The Mutt Hut. The use of images remains loyalty free indefinitely on a voluntary basis and is not considered work for hire.
9. Late Pick-Ups: We are not a boarding facility and cannot board animals overnight. If your dog is not picked up by closing for the day, an additional $50.00 kennel charge will apply. Subsequent days will be charged at $100.00/day, plus food, medicine, or other necessities. Fees for late pick up during holidays or non-business days will be charged double. Full payment of all charges are due at the time of pickup. The Mutt Hut has the right to place the dog in a temporary boarding facility, foster home, or other off-site location at an additional expense.
10. Abandonment: Any animal that is abandoned at The Mutt Hut will be reported to Taber Bylaw Services and turned over to local animal control. Such abandonment will constitute relinquishment of all rights and claims by owner.
11. No Shows & Cancellations: No Shows and last minute cancellations are subject to a $20.00 FEE PER DOG, which will be added to your next visit. Prepayment for same will be required before another appointment is booked. We understand there may be emergency situations and we will work with you, but not on a continued basis. Please be respectful of our time as we are a by-appointment business, and another client could have taken your appointment if we had known.
12. Payment Policy: Services may be paid via Email Money Transfer ( BookingTheMuttHut@gmail.com ), cash, or money order. All fees must be paid in full before the next service appointment will be scheduled. We do not accept debit or credit cards at this time but it is our intention to offer those payment options in 2023.
I have read and agreed to the policies of The Mutt Hut. I agree that I am the legal owner of the dog(s) listed on my registration form. I authorize my veterinarian to release any necessary information regarding my dog's health to The Mutt Hut. I also authorize The Mutt Hut to communicate with me via phone, email, or text regarding current and future grooming services and products. This agreement is also applicable to any future dogs that I may acquire.